An Easy Introduction to Classical Drawing
These two 1-day workshops, which can be taken together or individually, will introduce you to the key principles and techniques of classical drawing, and help you to apply these traditional methods to your own work. The four key components of pictorial representation - design, line, value and form - are explored through a series of exercises and practical applications.
These short workshops are easy and accessible to anyone interested in improving their drawing skills, and they are open to both teenagers and adults. They also serve as a quick fresher course for artists who have already studied classical drawing.
The two 1-day workshops will take place at Coastguard Cultural Centre on Sunday 4th and 11th of November 2018. You can choose to do one or both of these Sunday workshops. Please see venue, dates and details below.
You will gain a very good understanding and appreciation for the methods and techniques involved in classical drawing, and how it can benefit your own work regardless of your style. This is a perfect short course for artists and students who might be building a portfolio. You will develop many skills and techniques including how to:
- Set up and reproduce a master drawing
- Explore a range of drawing media
- Learn how to measure and block-in a drawing quickly and easily
- Render light and shadow effectively
- Create the illusion of form
- All materials included
- 10% off at Cork Art Supplies
- Comprehensive handouts
- Practical exercises
- Slide & video presentations
- Lunch & refreshments included
The TWO Sunday Sketching Workshops will take place at Coastguard Cultural Centre, Tramore, Co. Waterford. See the details below, or contact us to find out more and to enrol.
|1||Coastguard Cultural Centre
Tramore, Co. Waterford
|1 or 2 days||Sundays||10.00am - 4.00pm||04 & 11 November 2018||€ 100 per day
€ 175 for 2 days
- Full payment of €100 for one day or €175 for two days is required to enrol on these workshops.
- Fees are non-refundable and non-transferrable.
- Classical Art Atelier reserves the right to cancel any course or workshop at any time if the minimum number of students required is not reached. In such cases, your fee will be fully refunded.