Landscape Painting in Oils
€125,00 – €250,00
Choose just 5 Weeks (Part 1)* or full 10 Weeks (Parts 1 & 2)
– Part 1: 23 Sept.- 23 Oct. 2021
– Part 2: 4 Nov. – 4 Dec. 2021
Choose Preferred Class Time
– Option 1: Thursdays 7pm-9pm
– Option 2: Saturdays 2pm – 4pm
Duration: 2-Hour Class Each Week
Format: Live Online Zoom Course
Level: Beginner / Intermediate / Advanced
* If you’re only booking Part 1 (5 Weeks) now, and subsequently decide to continue with Part 2 of this course, you can book this continuation before the end of October.
In this 10-week online course, your time will be divided between two ‘studios’ – en plein air (or ‘in the open air’ or outdoors) where you will begin some of your weekly assignments, receiving lessons directly from nature; and online or indoors, where you will receive comprehensive instruction and develop your artistic vision into the most full-bodied expression.
Throughout this course you will learn about:
- Materials and equipment
- Composition and site selection
- Indoor and outdoor studios
- Values, simplification and masses
- Naturalistic and expressive light and colour
- Underpainting-overpainting and alla prima approaches
- Working with photographic references
- Abstracting from Nature
- Master landscape paintings: styles, inspiration, and copying
Suitable for beginners, this course also benefits advanced or professional artists, who might wish to reinforce some of these traditional skills and knowledge.
You can choose to do just 5 weeks (Part 1) or the full 10 weeks (Parts 1 and 2).
Painting is a science, and should be pursued as an inquiry into the laws of nature. Why, then, may not landscape painting be considered as a branch of natural philosophy, of which pictures are but the experiments?
– John Constable (1776-1837)
Please note that there will be a one-week break for Hallowe’en halfway through this course. See further details and other important information in the sections below.